Who needs Long-Term Care Insurance in Huntington Beach?
According to the article in Aging in Place a survey carried out by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, there’s a 70% likelihood that the average 65-year-old will require some form of long-term care as they advance in age.
What is the cost of senior living and long-term care in Huntington Beach?
There are four levels of long-term care. The cost of Long Term Care in Huntington Beach in 2022 is shown below.
Home Care which will cost about $30 per hour minimum of 4 hours
“Assisted Living” which costs about $5,000 a month
Skilled Nursing” which costs about $8,000 a month
“Memory Care” which costs about $9,000 an up depending on the assistance needed.
How does Long-Term Care insurance in Huntington Beach work?
Long-Term-Care Insurance requires the beneficiary to not be able to perform two of the six daily activities which are:
What does Long-Term care insurance cost in Huntington Beach?
It depends on the type of long-term-care insurance policy you purchase and the benefits that you want in the policy. You can purchase a traditional long-term-care policy, which is typically the lowest cost.
What do Medicare and MediCal cover?
- In the first place you must be admitted to hospital, stay 3 nights, and then skilled nursing facility.
- In the second place you must require skilled care that is reasonable and necessary to prevent or slow further deterioration.
What Medicare Pays
- 1-20 days 100 % for approved hospital and skilled nursing costs
- 21 – 100 days You pay a co-pay per day.
- 100 plus days You pay all expenses.
- Must ‘spend-down” assets to qualify
- Use your assets first.
- MediCal eligibility has limitations on income or assets of both.
- Safety-net for the poor.
- Generally MediCal will only pay for a skilled nursing facility.
- Approval would be unlikely if you are receiving a large pension.