How to handle unsolicited Medicare phone calls in Huntington Beach
Let’s first talk about what kind of unsolicited phone calls most seniors are now getting. These are the calls from strangers that seem to know something about you. They may know your name and age and may know more about you. This does not mean they know you or your Medicare situation. You may be told that person calling you was supposed to call you for some reason. To learn more about Medicare join us at a Medicare Education Event. For an online quote on Medicare Insurance Plans.
How did they get your information?
- You may have completed a form on the internet for information about Medicare, Medicaid, or some other information you were looking for. These are lead magnets that sell your information to insurance agents.
- You may have called the 800-phone number on a TV commercial for Medicare, Medicaid, or other information. These are lead magnets that sell your information to insurance agents.
- Your information such as your name, date of birth, phone number, and address is public record.
- There are companies that “cold call,” seniors to talk to them about Medicare Supplement Plans. They ask you questions and then have an insurance agent call you back, or transfer your call to an agent.
How to handle these unsolicited calls from people or companies you do not know?
- If the caller makes it sound like they work for the Medicare Insurance company you have, ask for their name and phone number. Then call your customer service phone number on the back of the insurance company.
- If the person calling you asks questions such as “would you like to save money on your Medicare Insurance Plans, we suggest you just hang up. If you answer questions, you may be put on the list for multiple agents to call you.
Get good information about your Medicare Insurance Plan.
- Speak to a local reliable Medicare Insurance broker such as Welch Insurance.
- Go to a Medicare Education Event in Huntington Beach.
Welch Insurance is a Medicare Insurance Broker in Huntington Beach. It is always best to keep updated for changes to Medicare Insurance Plans. Visit our Medicare Overview Page. Get Online quotes for 2023 at Medicare insurance Plans. Or set a no-obligation phone appointment.